Run for Freedom 2014


Our church's race to raise money to fight human trafficking was a huge success.  We had 125 runners, walkers, and volunteers who showed up on a very rainy race morning to help raise over $5000!! Super exciting.

I found myself unexpectedly cast in the role of volunteer coordinator so that meant I got to spend the morning like this, trying to direct a few dozen volunteers while holding a wiggly one-year-old and making sure a busy three-year-old didn't wander through the crowds of people into the street.


I did succeed in keeping him out of the street.  I was not so successful at keeping him out of the powdered sugar donuts!

Here's Team Freedom.  It was a lot of fun working with these ladies!


On of my favorite parts was this guy who won the 5K in 19:28 while pushing a baby in a jogging stroller.  He looked like he was out for an easy jog.  Impressive!


And Moses got his picture on the front page of the Lynn Daily Item climbing a lamp post for a better view of the finish line as any self-respecting three-year-old boy would do :)

Comments