Weekend Reading 08.02.19


Beautiful summer days here this week!

Tomorrow we're heading into Boston for Shakespeare on the Common. This year's play is Cymbeline, one I'd never heard of, but after reading the Lamb's children's version it sounds like it has some quintessential Shakespearean qualities: mistaken identities, forbidden love, poison that isn't really poison. I'm looking forward to lounging on the picnic blanket with my kiddos snuggled close, eating our favorite snacks as the sun goes down and enjoying a beautiful performance.

Here are some of my favorite reads this week:

Fruit & Vegetable Nature Study Printables Now that our year-end portfolios are done, I'm working on decluttering and reorganizing our school room. Printing these beauties and hanging them up in our nature corner is step one :)

Are You Making Homeschool Harder Than It Has to Be? I love these wise words from my dear friend, Emily. Sometimes homeschooling is hard, and sometimes we're the ones who are making it hard.

Your Border Crisis Questions, Answered I've had so many questions about the situation at the border. Why are there so many people being detained? How did we get here? And what is the way out of this crisis? This article from World Relief, an organization I really trust, really helped clarify things for me.

Fighting Monsters in the Upside Down World of Unschooling If you struggle to feel valued as a stay-at-home mom, this article is for you.
I had to admit that as an unschooling stay at home mom, my life was just different. My schedule, my energy needs and my contribution to my family were different from my husband's and that was okay.
For one, I was usually working when others were resting. Secondly, my work wasn't physical or - on some days - even visible.
I plan, organize, take care of the little details like calls to customer service and dentist's appointments and paying bills on time. I'm here to ensure our retirement is well invested and that we're never out of things like milk and toilet paper.
My work is invisible, but that doesn't mean it's not valuable. 
That's all for this week, friends! I hope your weekend is full of grace, rest and beauty.

Comments