I suppose it's about time to introduce little Abigail to the blog world. This is a picture from about the one month mark. We are loving her little tuft of hair that always sticks straight up! And here's a picture of big brother trying to squeeze into her Snuggle Nest ;)
We are happy to report that Abigail has been a very easy baby so far. She eats well, is gaining weight and is generally quite content. At her one month appointment she weighed in at 9 pounds, 12 ounces. Two pounds over her birth weight! For us this is huge considering that Moses was still nowhere near his birth weight at one month old. Abigail generally wakes up 2-3 times a night to eat; we haven't even bothered trying to put her in her bed yet because frankly I am too lazy to walk five feet across the room to pick her up at 2 am!
I am trying to think of more to say about Abigail, but she is a newborn. She's really not doing too much :) So I'm going to move on to the topic that I am far more interested in recording: Moses' antics as a big brother! Here are some of our favorites:
- When Abigail was first born, Moses pronounced her name "Baby Gail". For about 3 days. I, on the other hand, got so accustomed to it, that I still call her "Baby Gail" at least 25% of the time. Moses now pronounces her name perfectly.
- When Abigail cries, Moses typically responds in one of two ways: (1) he runs over to her and starts stroking her foot, saying "Sorry, Honey! Sorry, Honey" until someone comes to attend to her, or (2) he runs over to her, shouting "Check Abigail! Check Abigail!" and stands over his sister pointing at her until someone comes to attend to her.
- He calls tummy time "tummy ache time" :) Sometimes he participates in "tummy ache time" by lying down beside Abigail and attempting to do push ups. Have you seen a two-year-old attempt to do push ups? Hysterical!
- When Abigail sneezes, he cheerfully remarks "Bless you, Abigail!"
- He loves hugging and kissing Abigail. He is also determined to teach her to wave. He subjects Abigail to several training sessions each day, which involve him flapping his hands emphatically in front of her face, saying "See? See Abigail? I waving!" On the off chance that she happens to make any kind of arm movements during this process, wave-like or otherwise, he becomes ecstatic.
- When Abigail coos, Moses often says "Good talking, Abigail!"
- He tries to hold her hand when they are riding in the car together. So adorable!